Sunday, January 8, 2012

WHY

I was talking to a friend last night and she said something that made me think and has altered my perspective. She something to the effect that when she is at school she is normally really stressed out, but when she is at school she is also stressed out even though she has much less going on. She said that it really did not matter what the situation was or what you were doing there will always be stress.
I was thinking that this battle that I am fighting will come to an end if I stop fighting but it will not. I will always be in this battle….so I have every reason to keep fighting. Because this battle will destroy my life so I have to overcome it and move on to the next battle. There will always be a battle to fight.
Why do I fight? Because I do not want this fight to interfere with my relationship with God, I want my relationships with others to be full and complete. I am fighting for people I do not even know yet or that I do not know that I know (that is confusing).
I fight because I have to I fight because that is why God has called me to do. He has not called me to live a life of peace but a life of war and of strife, A life of a warrior for him. That is who I am, that is what I will do.
Gladiators do not fight by choice they fight because they have to. They are placed in the arena and an enemy enters they have to fight but they do not fight just for themselves. They fight for others and that is where I draw my strength I am fighting this battle by choice I am fighting it because I have been thrust into the arena. So I will fight with all my might and no matter how many times I am knocked down and now many times I am cut and defeated. I will never surrender I will never give up while there is breath left in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment